Monday, November 24, 2008

Gratitude list

For me, Thanksgiving should be part of everyday, not only the 4th Thursday of November. Still, here we are at that designated day and, like so many, I have a long list, so here goes:

My wife is amazing. She is a delightful person who I adore and my sweet love!

Rob is a man that I am deeply proud of. He is kind and generous, smart and dedicated. He is my son, and I love him, pray for him and think of him many times every day.

My sister is my friend, my support and my favorite phone buddy.

My dad is inspiration, loving father and head of our family - thanks, Dad!

Now - I am deeply grateful that our country has turned the corner (please, let it be true) on the philosophy of more for those with the most, blind eyes toward injustice and greed, the military-industrial complex and ideology as idol.

Finally, God bless all those who serve our country both near and far. Those who sacrifice on behalf of others, who - though imperfect - are deeply blessed for their service. May we all find a new way to serve in the coming year.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments: